Lovely Little Shelf's Review-a-Thon. From now until August 20th, I'll be posting a review every day. Because I thought this started today when it actually started yesterday, you'll be getting two reviews from me today! Check out Jacki's blog (Lovely Little Shelf) to see what everyone else is reviewing!
I suggest reading about it on Goodreads. If you're not into the series, you may not get the rest of this post...sorry about that! I'm honestly kind of running out of things to say about the books other than that they are awesome and addictive and will make you an obsessed crazy person. Here are some examples:
- My boss refers to our headquarters as "The Mountain" in a meeting - I spend the entire meeting imagining that we are getting our orders from Gregor Klegane.
- I read a book about genetics that mentions Gregor Mendel - again, I spend the rest of the book picturing Gregor Klegane nurturing little pea flowers
- Luke frequently calls me and says nothing but "Moooooon uf my liiiiiife" to which I reply "My sun and stars" and then we hang up. We also randomly insert "Hodor" into conversation on a fairly regular basis.
- "Seven bloody hells" is now a part of our vocabulary.
- We can entertain ourselves for hours discussing who is related to who, who is plotting against who, and who we think secretly fathered who.
- My emails are clogged with Game of Thrones gifs
- I find myself describing incredibly complicated relationships and minute plot points to people who are not at all interested - like Sugar Bear.