Just need to tie up some loose ends in this post - I'm still plugging away at IT, but I can only read it for so long before I need a break. I love the book, but it is getting to the point where it is incredibly creepy - and it just keeps getting creepier. So in my breaks, I read Princess: You Know Who You Are.
I loved it as long as I took it ironically and just as a "fun" read - a life guide for those of us who consider ourselves deserving of the "princess" title. Unfortunately, I think I have some of the exact tendencies written about in the book (especially when it comes to getting what I want). It's cute to read about in a book, but when you think about a person behaving that way in real life, it's not cute so much as spoiled and obnoxious. Parts of it were funny, but other parts just annoyed me. And made me even more sure that "princess" isn't really the role I want - definitely time for some work on humility. I give it a 3/5 if you can read it for the irony.
Next on my list of loose ends: an award from Jacki at Lovely Little Shelf.
For this award, I will tell seven honest things about myself and then pass this on to seven other bloggers. Here we go:
1. I never memorized all of the multiplication tables - some of the 7s and 8s I still have to think about for a minute.
2. I'm a terrible housekeeper. My house is always a mess and I can't ever seem to catch up on the cleaning.
3. I'm a sucker for stationery but I can never find postage, so I have a stack of unsent letters that go back years.
4. I like the smell of vehicle exhaust and gasoline.
5. I'm spoiled to an unhealthy level by my dad and husband (see above review of Princess).
6. I can skank (and I think I'm pretty good at it).
7. My ideal date is laying on the couch in my pjs with Luke, eating takeout, and watching tv.
Passing this on to:
Crystal Clear Reading (has an awesome contest going on)
The Tales of Bobo and Cocoa (cutest puppies ever)
An Everyday Angel (my Southern girl)
That's Life... (my favorite Canadian)
See Heather Write (can't wait for her book!)
Life Is Short. Read Fast. (Awesome recommendations)
Bounce, Bounce, Splat (best vlogs)
I love you ladies!